- January 17, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Are you seeking a career in which your days will be centered on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and a call to action: a call resounding from many men, women, and children in need? As we continue to respond to those who have been devastated by the war in Ukraine, Samaritan’s Purse is setting up an international field office to sustain long-term assistance. We are seeking a Senior Programs Manager to lead, support, coordinate, and provide leadership to our total relief and recovery programs in Ukraine. You will use your management experience, strong communication skills, and knowledge of program design to spread the truth of Christ to the nations. Come serve with a high level of integrity while supporting a team pursuing hope! Join us today!
A day in the life of a Senior Programs Manager:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Senior Programs Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- In collaboration with Senior Management, actively participate in the development and implementation of a country office strategy and vision within the overall Samaritan’s Purse vision/mission.
- Guide the work of the Program Development Officer and Program Managers on proposals and budgets
- Monitor implementation and finances of all programs
- Evaluate ongoing and new activities to ensure targets are achieved and budgets are maintained
- Oversee the completion of accurate and thorough reporting
- Pursue potential funding, other available resources for ongoing, new, or planned Samaritan’s Purse projects
- Provide professional representation for Samaritan’s Purse with key stakeholders, including but not limited to government officials, local authorities, dignitaries, other NGOs, funding agencies, donors, beneficiaries, visitors
- All other duties as assigned
Check out more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) to four (4) years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to adapt and work in a highly stressful, war torn environment
- Thorough knowledge of program design, proposal development, Monitoring & Evaluation documents, work-plans, budgets, and other design documents
- Strong management skills
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently
- Strong communication skills
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies
Job Location: Ukraine
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required);
Travel Expectations: Approximately 90 days annually
- Paid holidays
- Prorated vacation and sick time
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
Samaritan’s Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.