- March 31, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Save the Children International Senegal Office is recruiting:
01 Supply Chain Coordinator
This position is to develop and implement supply chain strategy and manage its delivery. The incumbent assume responsibility for internal and external coordination and collaboration, ensuring value for money approach across the supply chain functions, providing technical guidance to various functions (e.g. procurement, fleet, assets and warehouse, capacity building etc.). A key part of this role to provide strategic and timely advice to the Senior Management Team. The incumbent plays crucial role as the custodian of global and country Supply Chain policies and procedure and identify necessary changes or customization while reviewing the policy annually.
This position provides technical support to on all aspects of Supply Chain related to Senegal country office Programmes across Senegal and Gambia, including, but not limited to, feasibility and risk assessment, selection and implementation of a delivery mechanism and distribution process. Capacity building and support to field teams. You will be deployed to a variety of locations across the Senegal and Gambia territories.
The post holder provides overall leadership and management of the Supply Chain department across the country including support across all field offices and implementing partners. The post holder shall also play the role of Security Focal Point for the Country Office.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Support Services, the Supply Chain Coordinator will:
- Ensure effective Supply Chain operations from receiving requests to delivery to end user; develop and/or update country specific SOPs and implement Global Supply Chain policies and procedures in effort to ensure Save the Children and Donors’ minimum standards are met;
- Ensure that the level of Supply Chain performance indicators is satisfactory, timely, appropriate, cost effective, achieving Value for Money (VfM), on budget, contextual to local & International markets, infrastructure, nature of the Save the Children programmes;
- Support budget holders and project managers to develop the procurement and distribution plans for their projects, and ensure the timely delivery of those activities by using the sourcing pipeline to reflect the categories where framework agreements are needed;
- Manage and/or support Supply Chain staff including ensuring appropriate team structures, clear division of responsibilities, clear objectives and management of tasks;
- Ensure that all standard reporting are timely and accurate including KPI management;
- Ensure accountability in asset (including fleet) and stock management, and ensure the integrity and accountability of distribution networks (which includes but not limited to the effective use of the Total Inventory Management System)
- Monitor trending of data analysed, highlight and lead opportunities for improvement, while maintaining a clear communication with the SMT through the normal communication ;
- Proactively provide advice and support to Senior Management Team, Budget Holders and Programme Managers on Supply Chain issues, and collaborate with relevant staff/team on budget proposal development, technical aspects of the programme, and implementation mechanisms as required ;
- Building capacity among the Supply Chain team through on the job training and effective leadership;
- Provide training, capacity building and mentoring on Supply Chain as required across the programme and operations including building partner organisations at country level, taking into consideration the resources available in the Supply Chain Learning Hub;
- Collaborate and represent the organisation with external agencies including INGO, UN and partner organisations
- Comply and advocate relevant compliance with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures such as Safeguarding, Safety and Security, Code of Conduct, Anti-Fraud and Anti Bribery….;
- Give input and advice on the Save the Children humanitarian’s work within the Senegal and Gambia (this includes, but not limited to, project concept notes, proposals and budgets, country contingency and preparedness plans) and where necessary by including the Regional and Head Quarter offices.
Safeguarding and accountability:
- Contribute to ensure compliance of the program and organization to the essential standards on accountability and child safeguarding as set in the Quality Framework
- Integrate Safeguarding in professional objectives and performance reviews of the line managed team.
- Respect and Promote the Safeguarding Policy and local procedures and enable environment for reporting on cases.
- Ensure Safeguarding and accountability related activities (awareness, capacity building and communication material, set up of reporting systems) are accounted for in project activities and budget while reviewing proposals
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in either Business/Public Administration, Economics, Supply Chain Management or any other relevant discipline is essential. In addition, professional License/Certification in Supply Chain/Logistics would be an advantage.
- At least MUST have 3 years of relevant Supply Chain work experience at a managerial level
- MUST have 2 years’ experience in developing and implementing a Supply Chain operations strategy to support different types of programs and coordinating resources to meet the programs objectives
- Significant prior INGO experience in Supply Chain & operational management, within a complex/large scale country program. An experience in delivering humanitarian Supply Chain would be an advantage.
- Substantial experience in all technical areas of Supply Chain operations including procurement, transport, distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management and asset management
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure
- Proven track-record in managing and supervising others in Supply Chain, including training, capacity building & mentoring
- Ability to synthesize and analyze complex information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Experience of advising and supporting others at all levels with supply chain aspects of a program, including strategic thinking, planning & donor relations
- Ability to build positive & productive relationships quickly with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Fluent in writing and Speaking French is required as MUST for this position
- Good communication, and interpersonal skills in French and English with experience in managing multicultural teams
CONTRACT LENGH: 2 years
- Staff reporting to this post: 4
- Direct: 4
- Indirect: 5
- 70% of the time based in Dakar;
- 30% of the time will be roving across the Senegal
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children has zero tolerance for child abuse
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
How to apply :
To apply to this position, please send you Curriculum Vitae and motivation in the link before the deadline
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS45MTk3Mi4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20