- March 3, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Supply Chain Manager (SCM)
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Operations LOCATION Aden
GRADE: TBC (Competitive Package) POST TYPE: International
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
ROLE PURPOSE: As a member of the Operations Team, the Supply Chain Manager (SCM) shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination at Aden Field Office. The SCM in his/her capacity is responsible for the implementation of all Supply Chain & Logistics activities that are handled from the Aden Field Office.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Field Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: 4
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
As a member of the Field Senior Management Team, contribute to:
* Support the development of an organizational culture that reflects our dual mandate values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity, and innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our Members and donors
* Help establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with host government authorities, donors, partner agencies including major institutional donors, and local and international NGOs
* Ensure that the required support is provided promptly, at scale, and in line with the rules and principles during emergencies, working closely with the Country Office
Oversight and Management of Logistics
* Responsible for overall coordination and delegated responsibility for field delivery of high-quality logistics support to programming in line with the objectives of the country’s strategy.
* In close coordination with other Directors, participate in the program proposal process and ensure that all programs progress in accordance with grant agreements, are completed within time and on budget
* Working with Field Senior Management Team, participate in conceptualizing and designing cost-effective, innovative and high-quality programs to serve difficult to reach children
* Ensure that programs are supported in ways responsive to the communities, and children in line with Save the Children principles, values, and strategic plan and following Save the Children compliance procedures. This includes working with government and national NGO partners to strengthen national capacity
* Ensure the preparation of timely and high-quality logistics reports and grant-specific procurement plans.
* To ensure that Save the Children’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, through reference to the Sphere Charter, Save the Children Minimum Standards and the NGO Code of Conduct.
* Manage all procurement for the organization, including purchase orders, contracts for services and goods, and travel. Specifically, manage the entire procurement lifecycle, including: (1) working with internal “clients” to identify needs, (2) determining the best procurement approaches including contracting and FWAs, (3) drafting scopes of work/specifications, (4) working with internal “clients” to ensure goods and services are provided in accordance with the terms of the contract, (7) monitoring payment processes, and (8) managing close-out processes
* Ensure weekly procurement trackers are produced accurately and Re-registration of potential suppliers and present to Procurement Tender Committee for qualification using credible and professional criteria of pre-qualification such as technical capacity, reputation, delivery terms, perceived competence, and quality of services/goods.
* Establish a procurement control mechanism that addresses concerns of field stations and maintains a paper trail.
* Review purchase requests, quotations, bid analyses, purchase orders, and other included documentation for the thoroughness of work following Save the Children procedures and guidelines before submission to the Finance/Grant, Procurement Tender Committee.
* Support and ensure Procurement Staff follow cost-effective prioritization and monitoring of daily progression of all requested goods and services including updating procurement tracking sheet on a daily basis.
* Put in place mechanisms for Market analysis and continuous surveys on a monthly or quarterly basis to identify new vendors and current costs.
* Develop comprehensive price lists following categories of commodities available in the market for the benefit of the programme concept note and proposal development.
* Ensure international shipments are customs cleared in/out of the country and contracts and other associated documentation are well filed, as required.
* Work with the staff, particularly budget holders and finance, to ensure timely payments to vendors.
* Ensure tax exemptions are processed promptly imported supplies from the region and overseas.
* Ensure and maintain proper filing systems for all procurement completed.
* Plan, budget, manage and be accountable for the procurement performance of his/her functions, and for achieving agreed-upon results;
* Identify, design, and implement innovative new approaches to conducting business;
* Coordinating transportation of freight by land and air is in line with program budgets and needs; ensuring the most cost-effective and reliable means of transport is used for the timely delivery of supplies to projects.
* With support from Country Office, ensure management of vehicle fleets is in line with Save the Children standards; ensure appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles throughout the program and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules have adhered.
* To develop and execute a clear fleet Optimization Plan for the Aden project that includes both SCI owned & rental vehicles.
* Ensure SCI Stock management System “TIM (Total Inventory Management)” is kept up to date & Program teams are fully trained and supported on this System.
* Centralised and transit warehouses at Aden are maintained in line with program requirements.
* That stock management and administration systems are implemented throughout the program. Closely monitor projects’ stock levels and advise on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands.
* Visit the field sites regularly to monitor the logistic activities and assess the needs of the programs on the ground.
* Ensure proper documentation and recording of fixed assets of the organization
* Ensure a centralized programme asset register is maintained; ensuring that all programme assets are recorded and tracked for the entire Aden program. CO is updated on each movement of assets
Emergency Response Management – Logistics
* Assist in strengthening the Field Office organizational readiness to respond to emergencies in line with global SCI emergency goal and benchmarks
* Assist with the FO to design, update and implement a full set of emergency preparedness actions in line with the Humanitarian Response Plan.
* Assist to mount appropriate and timely responses at scale to all emergencies consistent with established benchmarks, plans and organizational policies, and in close cooperation with the Humanitarian Response team
* Develop the logistical aspects of the programme emergency preparedness plan for Aden Field office, in coordination with Field manager, Humanitarian Response Manager & Country Supply Chain director
* Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development – Logistics
* Ensure appropriate staffing within Logistics, including sub office staff
* Ensure that all staff understand and are able to perform their role in an emergency
* Manage Supply Chain team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly
* Ensure the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff
Incorporate staff development strategies and Performance Management Systems into team-building process. Establish result based system and follow up
* Manage the performance of all staff in the Supply Chain work area through:
o Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews, and fair and unbiased evaluations;
o Coaching, mentoring, and other developmental opportunities;
o Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance;
o Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ work plans
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
* Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
* Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
* Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
* Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
* Future orientated, thinks strategically
* Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
* Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
* Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
* Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
* Willing to take disciplined risks
* Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Recommended a minimum of 7 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including significant field operations experience supporting both emergency and development programs
* Masters degree in Logistics or MBA (preferred)
* Robust experience of NGO emergency program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organization structure
* An excellent understanding of supply chain management in complex and challenging environments.
* Substantial experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management and inventory
* Significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks, and best practices in emergency management
* Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
* Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
* Experience in project managing significant and diverse construction projects within a challenging environment
* Previous experience of managing and developing a large team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Fluency in written and spoken English.
* Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
* Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS5hbGF0Ljc0ODE0LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ