- August 3, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population.
Since its establishment in 2016, Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering programmes spanning sectors, including humanitarian and development programmes, in the Early Recovery, Food Security, Agriculture, Livelihoods, Education, and Protection, in addition to long-term impact interventions focusing on the economic empowerment and the local value chains improvements to enable targeted communities to improve their living practices and their sustainable mechanisms.
Orange collaborates with various national and international non-governmental organizations and local initiatives to adopt a community-based approach that improves the response’s impact on the humanitarian crisis and provides sustainable and alternative solutions.
As the Supply Chain Officer, you will play a vital role in coordinating and streamlining the flow of goods, services, and information throughout the supply chain for ongoing projects. Your primary focus will be on managing and optimizing the logistics processes to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of products and services.
You will collaborate closely with project teams, vendors, suppliers, and internal departments to meet project objectives and operational goals. Your responsibilities may include inventory management, transportation coordination, customs clearance, supplier relationship management, identifying potential risks, and developing mitigation plans.
Duties, objectives, and competencies:
- Providing the necessary documentary justification of expenses to the accountant.
- Establishing and maintaining a comprehensive database of local suppliers, encompassing details on quality criteria, pricing, service, ethics, and other relevant factors.
- Defining the criteria to be followed prior to sending out requests for quotations, aligning them with the Logistics Manual and incorporating input from the Program.
- Undertaking the process of obtaining quotations/offers or initiating Calls for Tender.
- Ensuring diligent follow-up on the Tender documentation and preparing all required documents.
- Drafting supply/service contracts in line with the requirements of the supply chain.
- Verifying the condition and characteristics of goods received, as stipulated by the contracts.
- Managing the circulation, filing, and archiving of procurement documents via Orange System.
- Developing tools for efficient stock management, overseeing stock movements, and coordinating the distribution of goods within the project implementation framework.
- Conducting periodic inventories to maintain accurate stock records.
- Fulfilling any additional tasks as may be requested by the Supply Chain Coordinator.
- University education degree.
- At least 3 years experience in I/NGOs.
- Preferably, a high level of knowledge and proficiency with MS Office and other relevant software.
- Demonstrated possession of very strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong initiative, self-motivation, and a deep commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles.
- Good knowledge about the market and expertise in supply chain management.
- Fluency in both written and verbal Arabic and English.
- Proficiency in Turkish is considered a significant asset.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship are central to making the partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high-quality learning empowers people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other strengthens and enhances the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of the children and communities we serve.
Child Safeguarding & PSEAH policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children and women but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child and women abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange must sign the Child Safeguarding and PSEA– Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange child safeguarding and PSEAH Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into.
How to apply
• Kindly submit your application through this link: https://apps.orange.ngo/jobs/apply/8541e876-6a13-49a5-982b-6bc5a84480e1
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within two weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
•The position is to be filled ASAP.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for this position.