- January 24, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICER (Arua)
Support the field office in the provision of logistics management, ensuring that this is done through timely service delivery to the field programmes in line with SCI policies, procedures and guidelines. The Officer may be called upon as and when necessary to support the wider emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis. Performance of tasks shall be executed in a manner that promotes value for money in accordance to SCI standards.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Finance, Administration. Qualifications in related professional course will be of added.
- At least a years’ relevant working experience, preferably with International NGOs, and good understanding of major donor’s financial requirements, conditions and government budgets and tax policies.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to generate financial reports and meet set deadlines and with good integrity.
- People management skills.
- Good integrity and trust worthy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international and local policies and frameworks relating to supply chain.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection is an added advantage.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on January 29, 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ai5kdWt1LjEzNTQxLjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ