- January 10, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
About the CALP Network
The CALP Network is a dynamic global network of over 90 organisations engaged in the critical areas of policy, practice and research in humanitarian cash and voucher assistance (CVA) and financial assistance more broadly. Collectively, CALP members deliver the vast majority of humanitarian CVA worldwide.
What makes the CALP Network unique is its diversity. CALP members currently include local and international non-governmental organisations, United Nations agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent Movement, donors, specialist social innovation, technology and financial services companies, researchers and academics, and individual practitioners.
Together we seek to better meet the needs and improve the outcomes for people affected by crisis. To do this we ensure that CVA is a central, scalable component of quality, timely and appropriate humanitarian assistance, and that the need to sustain positive outcomes for people over the longer term is considered.
The CALP Network, operating on the Mailchimp platform, is inviting proposals from digital marketers to enhance our email strategy, focusing on augmenting audience size and engagement.
Last year, CALP successfully executed a “re-permission” campaign, urging the entire database to resubscribe to email updates. Consequently, we now maintain a meticulously organized and engaged subscriber base. Users opt in to receive updates in their preferred language—Arabic, English, French, or Spanish. This project seeks to evaluate and further develop these initiatives.
To provide context, this is our current newsletter form and archive of email products. We are committed to delivering relevant content to our subscribers based on their individual needs and preferences and in their preferred language to increase diversity and inclusion.
For these purposes we are seeking a consultant/s or agency that can help us with Email Marketing (Mailchimp) and Social Media Advertising.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Analysis and recommendations:
- Conduct an analysis and report on CALP’s email activity from the previous year, assessing the performance of each email product and subscribers’ engagement, and deliverability. Come up with specific prioritised recommendations to be actioned and hopefully addressed on the hands-on work that follows.
Hands on email work:
- Optimize our system to capture new subscribers and update users’ information and preferences from our web forms on events registration (currently using Gravity Forms and the Mailchimp Add-On) as well as the Preferences Centre.
- Perform database cleaning and organization by creating meaningful segments based on user activity, implementing automations to streamline the process, and enhance subscriber retention.
- Design and implement additional automations to address the recommendations from 1a. This may involve automating the delivery of specific content based on people’s preferences and behaviors on CALP’s channels, as well as enhancing our existing Mailchimp welcome series, among other tasks.
- Provide a number of hours to cover other prioritised recommendations on 1a.
Run an email paid acquisition campaign on social channels:
- Execute an international acquisition campaign with the goal of expanding our email subscriber base interested in Cash and Voucher Assistance topics and products in Arabic, Spanish, and French. The consultant should select appropriate social channels for advertising, include the ad budget (we expect an ad budget of approximately US$3,000-$4,000) in the quote, manage the campaign and reporting. Payment to social platforms should be handled and managed by the consultant/s. Translations will be handled by CALP’s Communications team.
- Provide training on email marketing for approximately 10 team members.
KEY DELIVERABLES / MILESTONES
The following are the final deliverables to be completed by the end of the consultancy, unless otherwise discussed and agreed upon by the ACF-USA and Consultant:
- Deliverable 1, by 31 May 2024
Report of performance audit and recommendations prioritised.
- Deliverable 2, by 30 June 2023
Cleaning, automations, forms optimisation and other hands-on tasks agreed.
- Deliverable 3, by 31 July 2023
Acquisition campaign and reporting carried out.
- Deliverable 4, by 31 August 2023
TENTATIVE TIMELINE & ACTIVITIES
The CALP Network expects the consultant(s) to spend between 10-15 consultancy days on this work, considering an average rate for an email marketer/online advertising consultant.
Any additional days and/or modification of Start/End dates must be completed before additional work is commenced.
This is a competitive tendering process and value for money makes up part of the overall assessment of applications (as well as the robustness of the proposal and technical competence).
This consultant will report directly to the Responsible Manager, listed above, who will be responsible for approving deliverable(s) and invoice(s). The CALP Digital Platforms Manager will provide overall oversight.
We welcome applicants across the world, as long as they complete and submit the tax forms required before the signing of the contract.
Action Against Hunger is a host of the CALP Network; we are a U.S.-based organization, and as such must comply with U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rules and regulations. If you are selected for the consultant work, and choose to work with Action Against Hunger USA, you must provide the proper IRS form to determine your tax status either with a W-9 form or W-8 form, depending on your tax situation. Please visit www.IRS.gov for more information. Any tax questions should be directed to your tax advisor. Contracts and payments are dependent upon receipt of the signed IRS form. Payment of Invoices are net 30 days. Additional details provided in service contract.
- While performing the duties of this job, the consultant may be required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a consultant to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
- Must provide own computer, internet, software, and other basic office supplies required to complete the duties for this consultancy
- Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as needed or required by contact with the Project Team or other partners. However, realistically we anticipate that all work on this project will be completed within normal office hours (UK Time).
MINIMUM DETAILS IN APPLICATION
To be considered in the selection process, the consultant (s) or agency should submit:
- A 1 or 2-page document describing their proposal, covering how they would approach this project and why they are a good fit for it. Include examples or case studies showcasing prior experience conducting similar email marketing work (experience in the charity sector is especially valued), as well as expertise in Mailchimp and Paid Social Advertising.
- A 1-page max. critique of our current email products.
- CVs or profiles of the team member(s) who will be part of the project.
- Budget for the project. This must be expressed as a daily rate, considering days needed to perform the consultancy, plus required expenses (including budget for the acquisition campaign) in USD only. All costs must be quoted as a final sum (i.e., do not quote as rate + VAT).
- Business registration (if applicable).
How to apply
IMPORTANT: Send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th February 2023 no later than 23:59 (Nairobi GMT+3). If you have any clarifications to this TOR, please get in touch with email@example.com.
This work will be made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The contents are the responsibility of CALP and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government.