- August 2, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Information Technology Assistant
San Salvador, El Salvador
General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment:
One Year Fixed Term with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date:
As soon as possible
Reference Code: VN2023/044 SV
Establishedin1951,IOMisaRelatedOrganizationoftheUnitedNations,and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOMisdedicatedtopromotinghumaneandorderlymigrationforthebenefitofall.Itdoessobyprovidingservices and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior ICT Assistant (Supervisor), the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer, and in close coordination with the ICT Central Team, the incumbent will provide first and second-level technical support and services to users of IOM’s corporate applications and infrastructure, promoting a client and service-oriented approach.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the administration and monitoring of local services, systems, networks, and data; analyze and correct performance problems of network, systems, and applications and recommend solutions to enhance functionality, reliability, and/or usability; Ensure availability of information and systems with the proper management, monitoring, and troubleshooting of the backup system;
- Provide end-user support and resolve all ICT issues timely and appropriately via email, telephone call, and/or in person; take ownership of users’ problems and be proactive when dealing with users’ issues and escalate to Global User Support (GUS) and supervisor when necessary and accordingly to identified priority levels;
- Keep secure all IT components and timely patched, including applications, computers, network devices, CCTV systems, access controls, mobile phones, telephone systems, etc. Administer and monitor systems and workstations supporting ICT-related tasks such as patch management, antimalware, disk encryption with Bitlocker, and secure and compliant configuration of computers and mobile phones with Intune;
- Provide technical support to corporate applications and ICT standard software (e.g., Office365, SAP, Oracle, Migrant Applications, Internet security, Mobile Applications, Intune, and Bitlocker);
- Support the response with eventual security incidents affecting the local IT components, users, and applications.
- Monitor the effective utilization of communication equipment and support technical requests, interacting with local and remote users to provide assistance and troubleshooting, including support with computers, applications, telephones, printers, scanners, PBX telephone systems, mobile phones, etc.
- Assist with the monitoring and troubleshooting of workstations, LAN, and WAN equipment (e.g., Cisco Meraki, Cisco ASA Firewall, switches, Wi-Fi access points, Microsoft Intune, PBX telephone systems, and antimalware systems);
- Provide end-user training both as a technical support person in general and as a trainer for corporate applications and business processes. Provide guidance and training to junior ICT colleagues as needed;
- Produce and maintain relevant documentation and reference materials, including (but not limited to): ICT asset and software inventory, infrastructure diagrams, security documentation, etc. Recommend equipment and software replacements in a timely manner following the ICT asset lifecycle standards.
- Participate in ensuring quality and continuous improvement measures following internal ICT Standards, Guidelines, Policies, and other frameworks (e.g., NIST);
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
- Completed university degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in Helpdesk / Service Desk roles.
- Completed high school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Microsoft Certification (MCP or above) in Windows Server 2019 or above and/or Active Directory is also preferable
- Azure, Microsoft 365, and AWS Associate Certifications are important advantages
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cybersecurity-related certifications and training are an advantage.
- Other industry certifications such as Cisco CCNA, Avaya, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA
Security+, or ITIL.
- Extensive experience in direct user technical support and computer, network, and communication equipment troubleshooting are a distinct advantage.
- Correctly applies knowledge of specialized IT disciplines.
- Four years of relevant experience administrating Windows computers, Office365 tools (e.g., Microsoft Outlook), and LAN/WAN Meraki networking environment.
- Extensive experience in direct user technical support and computer, network, and communication equipment troubleshooting.
- Proven experience supporting Office 365 and cloud-based solutions in AWS, Azure, and/or Microsoft 365.
- Basic experience and/or knowledge in responding to cyber security incidents, vulnerability management, patch management, and security compliance daily tasks (e.g., NIST 800-53 cybersecurity standard and compliance framework).
Thorough knowledge of English and Spanish (oral and written)
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes
responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested internal candidates are invited to submit their applications by completing and sending the Internal Application Form (form attached), a letter of interest, and a CV to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16, 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com by August 16, 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
KEEP IN MIND:
- The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
- The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
- Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
- Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
- This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
- The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.