- April 7, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Fixed term | 12 months | ASAP
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard-to-reach areas. With a team of 5,900 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year, reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
Since 2012, ACTED has been implementing projects with vulnerable communities in Syria with a two-fold approach: ACTED provides life-saving support to vulnerable displaced persons, returnees, and host communities across Syria, through multi-sectorial rapid emergency services, and implements a wide range of resilience building interventions. Thus, ACTED has been able to strengthen its links with Syrian local communities and to develop an in-depth knowledge of local dynamics. A team of 900+ is currently working in Syria.
You will be based in Amman, Jordan.
You will be in charge of
1.IT Service Desk
Manage the IT Service Desk
Ensure SLO (Service Level Objectives) are met
Assigning IT tickets to area IT queues or individuals
Act as 1st escalation point for issues
Report and Escalate issues to CISM (Country Information System Manager) as required in line with SLO
Act as 3rd line support to all areas on IT technical issues
Have a good general knowledge of all areas of IT, specialising in deep diving of hardware and software issues, networking, Azure and 365.
Build and maintain internal IT Team knowledge base
Create and develop a user knowledge base for self-help on IT Issues
Training IT Assistants and IT Officers in the practice of IT Service
Ensure Change requests are raised to CISM for approval before changes are made
Configure IT infrastructure devices and solution using best practice
Create guides on configurations and ensure all guides from IT Team are stored
Assist other IT Team member in configuration of infrastructure
Ensure configurations are secure and strong passwords/MFA are used to secure systems & hardware
Research hardware & software infrastructure to advise on solutions and methodologies to secure IT environments
Testing of backup on monthly basis to test disaster recovery & file recovery
3.Hardware & Software**
Ensuring, and setting standards in line with CISM for network configurations
Assist in creating standards for Endpoint with CISM
Checking configuration of systems and infrastructure; validating these across mission
Assist IT Team and act as 3rd line support on the setup and configuration of IT equipment and software.
3rd line support for the team on more complex diagnostics of issues, root cause analysis
Participate in projects as directed by CISM
Lead on the Management of Projects under the supervision of CISM for IT Solitons to improve the system, connectivity and service
Track and report on project status to CISM on regular basis, escalating and reporting of issues and risks
Ensure projects under their lead are running on time, and budget
5.IT Policies & procedures
Assist in the creation and editing of IT Policies and procedures
Enforce and report breaches to IT Policies by staff to CISM
Advise users on how to comply with GDPR in their role whilst using technology, encryption, sharing of data
Report breaches of GDPR to CISM and CD
Report data breaches to CISM and CD
Creation and continuous improvement of inducting staff in the IT Solutions within the mission induction, creation, and deletion of accounts.
Take lead on recommendation of IT standards for hardware and software to CISM
Employ IT Security standard and best practice in their daily activities, all platforms, and Solutions
Actively upskilling the IT Team and Staff on Cyber Security
Work on the continuous development of training for staff on Cyber Awareness
Ensuring configuration of systems and solutions is correctly completed to avoid security risks and breaches
Monitoring systems and endpoints for security standards, risks, vulnerabilities
Identify and close security breaches and/or risks
Reporting on Security Risks to CISM
Lead and follow-up with IT Teams on the creation of CC (Completion Certificates) & ensure these are sent to Logistics
Check order forms for all areas before sending for approval
Ensure any procurement are authorized by CISM
Ensure all Technical Check are completed by IT staff accurately and approved by CISM
Manage and check the completion of AST-04 for handover of IT assets are completed and sent to logistics
Prepare documents or details for any procurements as directed by CISM
Produce weekly and month reports for IT Service Desk
Report on SLO and other KPIs for service desk and any other reported directed by CISM
Monitor the completion of IT-04 for Capital Office
Ensure all documentation is created and maintained for all networks, office site plans, seating plans and other infrastructure documentation for all areas.
Responsible for ensuring all IT Officers/Assistants complete all ACTED reporting
9.Training, Development, and research
Continual self-development of technical features and the application of:
-Microsoft Solutions such as Windows 10, Windows Server
-Networking solution and technology including hardware, software, wireless, wired
-Printing, scanning, cameras, and video conferencing equipment
-Cloud Technologies and specifically Azure and Office 365
Participate in training delivered internally, externally or OnDemand paid for by ACTED.
Deliver Training to other IT Team members
Deliver training to ACTED users on security, how to use application & best practice
Stay up to date, research IT & Cyber security to help advise other IT Staff and users.
Take lead on developing new and improve training programs for users
Expected skills and qualifications
- Minimum 5 years in IT Support position
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as Senior IT Officer or 1 year in more senior position
- Minimum 3 year in Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 ecosystem
- Excellent knowledge of Cyber Security including security options in 365
- Minimum 2 years experience in Windows Server
- Experience in Linux installation and configuration would be useful
- Excellent communication skills including proficiency in English language.
- Must have previous experience in using, and diagnosing issues in software such as Windows 10, Office 365, Azure, LAN and WAN connections.
- 2 years’ experience using MS Endpoint Manager, or other endpoint management, configuring hardware and software firewalls, switches, routers, Access Points, printer and scanners
- The ability to work independently, demonstrating creativity and good problem-solving skills while following strict procedures, supporting multiple projects, priorities, and locations is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, taking responsibility for their work and the success and failures of that work
- Experience in writing reports, charts, project, and task planning in detailed and professional format
- Knowledge and awareness of a broad spectrum of technology
- Ability to learn and quickly adapt to new technologies and processes
- Understanding of basic logistics & procurement principles, document control, and the IT market
- Agile personality that can adapt to new technologies and processes
- Embraces changes and see the positives in technologies and how they can improve business operations
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong networking skills preferably a qualification in network configuration or design.
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
Nature of the job:
Sunday – Thursday standard working week.
9am – 5pm working day
Expectation to start from 6am and finish at 9pm to solve any unforeseen issues or planned maintenance.
Flexible working between office and home at discretion of CISM
Flexible working is subject to satisfactory performance according to CISM
Occasion Friday and Saturday work may be required to carry out work outside of working days – alternative day off given for the following week.
Whilst this ToR defines the main responsibilities and work required, this is subject to change to meet the needs of the mission, and duties changed by the CISM.
How to apply
Send your application (resume and cover letter) to email@example.com Ref: DM IT Support/WOS