- November 9, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Deadline for submission: November 23, 2021
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International’s Program Operations Unit is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of Nutrition International’s core program interventions including program development, design, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting, and grant management, including setting annual operational planning, budgeting, and review processes. The unit comprises a global team of professionals located in our 10 core countries across Asia, Africa and our headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. Currently, Nutrition International is seeking applications for Zonal Coordinators, PINGS to be based in Dakar, Senegal.
You will have a minimum master’s degree in Health, Nutrition, or related fields from a recognized university.
Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in management, gender, and relevant sexual reproductive health issues and working with national governments and other institutions is required.
Solid knowledge and practical understanding of regulatory decision making in Senegal, research, and analytical skills. Skills on strong written and communication skills, strategic thinker, self-starter, organizational ability, excellent time-management skills, attention to details, competent IT skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Fluent in written and spoken French and English. Knowledge of one local language would be an asset.
About the role
In this role you will be:
· Providing at least, an annual update to the PINGS Management team on project context and environment by undertaking regular analysis of the gender, nutrition, and sexual reproductive health landscape in the zones of Kedougou/Tambacounda, Kolda/Sedhiou and Kaffrine.
· Ensure that changes in the gender, nutrition and sexual reproductive health landscape are considered in the project plans and approaches.
· Guide and lead the project and field staff of the implementing partners and government agencies involved in the implementation of the PINGS activities for good appropriation of the tools and directives and to ensure that these tools and guidelines are properly used to develop quarterly, and monthly work plans and budget forecasts for an efficient implementation of the project activities in line with their respective grant agreement with NI.
· Work in conjunction with the implementing partners to ensure that project activities are implemented according to agreed approaches and guidelines and to signed grant agreements.
· Consolidate, analyze, and transmit to the PINGS project management team the monthly and quarterly reports and recommendations on the implementation for the proper execution of the project activities.
· Carry out periodic filed visits as may be required to the PINGS project sites to provide support, guidance and technical direction for the project staff and implementing partners and other key actors.
· With the support of the M&E Program Officer, ensure that project staff and implementing partners collect, tabulate, and report the data necessary for the project monitoring.
· Develop quarterly cash flow projections for zonal activities and office management.
· Ensure that the project activities are implemented as per the approved budget.
· Build and strengthen relationships with key project’s stakeholders and implementing partners in the zone.
· Represent NI at regional and zonal meetings and play active role in all task forces/working groups in line with the scope of the project.
· Ensure positive communication with government agencies and other gender and nutrition players in the zone.
· Ensure budget for office management are properly and transparently managed, in liaison with the Finance and Administration Officer.
· Ensure the NI zonal project office space and environment are appropriate and meets acceptable standards of safety, security, and hygiene, and are properly maintained and other duties and responsibilities may be required.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Senegal. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job Description. Please click on the Apply button below to submit your application.
How to apply
To apply for this position and for a complete job description, log into https://apply.workable.com/j/5F4C9CC676 .Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and CV by November 23, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.