- December 14, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, stabilization and democratic development. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Reporting directly to Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President and the Office of the Chief Operating Officer. The Administrative Assistant will serve as a liaison to Creative staff and organizes and coordinates meetings and other outreach efforts. The Administrative Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission and results driven. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize..
Reporting & Supervision:
The position will report to the Chief of Staff.
- Provide comprehensive support services to the President/ CEO and Chief Operating Officer that ensures a professional, responsive and effective experience with the organization as a whole and promote a welcoming and responsive environment within the Office of the President.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the schedules of the President/ CEO and the Chief Operating Officer are followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the President and COO’s time.
- Proactively identifies needs and provide solutions to help the Offices of the President/CEO as well as COO run more efficiently.
- Works closely and effectively with the President and CEO as well as COO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Provides sophisticated calendar management. Prioritizes inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance; makes judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Administers correspondence, manages incoming calls, and prioritizes phone messages, emails and mail. Handles all calls and visitors with grace, sophistication and professionalism. Updates and maintains phone lists for CEO.
- Writes error-free, professional emails and letters for various events and announcements.
- Manages contacts using Outlook to conduct up-to-date database entry, tracks VIP relations and correspondence; facilitates relationships by familiarizing him/herself with various life events (such as birthdays, and other major milestones).
- Provides complex travel arrangements for the President/ CEO, COO and Chief of Staff. Creates consistent travel itinerary portfolios and be available during travel times to quickly address any last minute changes or cancellations.
- Accurately tracks expenses for President/ CEO and COO Offices by managing credit cards and receipts. Processes and submits receipts accurately and on schedule.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses a high degree of discretion in all matters.
- Prepares and manages all aspects for all meetings by the President/ CEO and COO by booking conference rooms, setting up projector or video conferencing units and ensuring that all participants are confirmed.
- Uses Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce materials for internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Takes notes and distributes meeting minutes, agendas and meeting packages, as appropriate.**Qualifications**
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, international development or an applicable field of study;
- At least five (3) years’ experience providing direct support to senior level executives in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a service-oriented approach;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with detail and precision to meet defined deadlines;
- Flexibility to transition rapidly and seamlessly between projects;
- Ability to work independently and organize time effectively;
- Excellent judgment and experience and maturity in handling confidential and/or sensitive materials and records with a high degree of integrity and discretion; and
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and SharePoint.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions