- October 25, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Save the Children International Kenya Country office, has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Finance & Contracts Coordinator- USAID Advancing Nutrition-Kenya. The primary responsibility of the role holder is to advise the Chief of Party and the organization on financial and compliance management of the contract. The role holder will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the project is in compliance with finance and contract guidelines according to USAID, USAID Advancing Nutrition and SCI policy and procedures. S/he will manage the full breadth of finance activities, financial controls, and computerized accounting systems for the project that is in operation in Nairobi, Kisumu, Kakamega, and Kitui in alignment with Save the Children’s financial procedures. The job holder will be expected to also support Awards Management, by advising on compliance, chairing monthly awards review meetings in consultation with the Awards Manager, coordinating BVA feedback, and working with budget holders to ensure implementation is on track. The Finance and Contracts Coordinator will be a senior member of the USAID Advancing Nutrition programme team. In this challenging environment, the Finance and Contracts Coordinator will be responsible not only for compliance with critical SCI policies, ensuring that financial resources of the organization are shepherded in an accountable and transparent manner as well as be responsible for ensuring all donor reporting and regulations are followed. The role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualification and Experience
- A first degree in Commerce Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field. Post-graduate qualification and (Diploma/MBA) an added benefit.
- Qualified accountant with recognized professional qualification in Accounting (CPA, ACCA)
- Training/certification in USAID cooperative agreement or contract rules and regulations preferred.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ similar work experience within a fast-paced international NGO work environment with 3 years’ experience managing a USAID Contract
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Fluency (Verbal and Written) in English is required
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills of financial information
- Strong team player, collaborative and capable of building effective relationships across all levels
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Problem solving and risk mitigating skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Officer Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and financial software such as Agresso.
- A commitment to promoting diversity and equality of opportunity in employment and empathy with SC values and objectives
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children International’s aims, values and principles.
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2FiZGltdWhzaW4uNjQzMTguMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t