- August 14, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
As Head of Programmes you will be enhance programme quality in the areas of nutrition, gender, inclusion and conflict sensitive programming in the sectors of sustainable and climate-smart agriculture and natural resource management, cooperativism and commercialisation, WASH, social infrastructure development with a special focus on road rehabilitation as well as humanitarian aid. With your background on capacity building you will strengthen and harmonise intervention quality. Additionally you will coordinate proposal writing processes and develop proposal documents to expand the donor portfolio.
- Coordinate programme development by leading or contributing towards needs assessments, concept notes and project proposals
- Lead the programme team in supporting field managers (Area Managers and Heads of Project) and other project staff as needed with technical and project management guidance, including support to ensure successful completion of projects and compliance with WHH quality standards
- Lead and support the MEAL Coordinator to ensure production and use of M&E data and analysis, implementation of the accountability system and programme learning
- Further develop the fundraising strategy of the DRC country programme
- Develop an advocacy strategy for the DRC country programme
- Develop a strategy regarding the promotion of the triple nexus for the DRC country programme
- Promote gender equality at programme level
- Prepare, coordinate and facilitate strategic country meetings and other workshops in coordination with the country director
- Monitor context developments incl. the humanitarian debate and share relevant information with the DRC team and Head Office
- A university or college degree in humanitarian/development studies or an equivalent degree related to the position
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working and project management experience (regional working experience would be an asset)
- Relevant professional experience in programme coordination and capacity building
- Proven reporting and organizational skills and a diverse donor relation experience (EU, USAID, FCDO, German donors)
- Excellent and open communication, good teaming and networking skills
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English and French
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 31, 2023 by following this link. Your contact person is Peter Doerr. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.